Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wildlife, part two

Here's the thing. Last week, I finally lugged my suitcases out of my room and down to the loft in the main house for storage. Behind said suitcases, I found a rather large, flat spider. He scuttled away behind my bed. Hmm. Katie had a run-in with a similar spider and was told it was harmless, but that it ate mosquitoes. So, I cringed but left the guy where he was. In a couple days, he had migrated to behind my backpack, a place where I felt more comfortable for him to take up residence.

Well. Tonight as I was kicking off my shoes, I noticed my friend the spider hanging out beside my backpack. Here's a picture for you.















Then, I glanced at the other wall in that same corner. And then? Then came the revelation. There are two of them. Take a look at this guy hanging out next to my bed, by my shoes. It's backpack spider's slightly larger friend.















I can't quite believe I'm ok with this. They're both still there on their respective walls. And I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are not the kind of pictures that inspire people to come visit! Scary!

Barbara said...

If it's any comfort, they're gone now. We do have a cool gecko on the wall in the bathroom, though.

Unknown said...

Geckos are cool!